We heard a rumor that T-Mobile would release a carrier update and it appears that they have it ready. This update will allow visual voicemail as well as AWS LTE and HD Voice for the iPhone 5. To get this update you will need to plug into iTunes and accept the update or you can receive it via an over the air update. We will post more information as we receive it and have a hack for those jailbroken people who do not want to update and lose their jailbreak.
In their documents they state:
T-Mobile Carrier Update
- Compatible with iOS software version 6.1.XUpdated 4/05/2013
- This update will not change the software version on your device.
- Available to all eligible iPhones using a T-Mobile SIM card
- Enables the following:
- Visual Voicemail
- 4G network indicator
- Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS)
- AWS LTE (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- HD Voice (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- AWS HSPA+ (T-Mobile and new 2013 AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- Auto configures:My Account bookmark
- MMS Settings
- Personal Hotspot Settings (Smartphone Mobile Hotspot)
- APN settings for LTE connectivity
- Battery life (result of network/device optimization)
- T-Mobile iPhone or any officially unlocked GSM iPhone
- Latest iOS software version
- Device software is not jailbroken
- 50% battery life or connected to a power source
- Data connection or a computer with iTunes and internet access
- Minimum of 1 MB available memory (File size of update is ~10 KB)
Anyone successfully received the OTA update or had it done manually through iTunes? I haven’t received any OTA and have updated carrier update through iTunes, but after restarting phone, no 4G enable appears. Even did a full restore and to no avail.
LEI Mobile says
I think T-Mobile jumped the gun. One of our readers is stating that they were on the phone with T-Mobile and heard them say the update is not going to be released until the 12th.