The sad part is, all current devices are ineligible to enroll in this….. Sounds like a contract trap before the new iPhone hits.
These changes are to take place July 17th, 2011.
*Please Note: AT&T Mobile Insurance Update: Effective July 17, 2011, the Apple iPhone (all models) will be eligible for coverage with the AT&T Mobile Insurance program (formerly Wireless Phone Insurance). Enrollment restrictions apply. Customers can only enroll within 30 days of a new activation or upgrade, prior activations or upgrades outside of 30 days are not eligible.
Mobile Insurance protects your wireless device against loss, theft, accidental physical or liquid damage, and mechanical and/or electrical failure after the manufacturer’s warranty period has expired.
– $4.99 Monthly Premium: Per mobile number enrolled and a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim
– Incidents Covered: Lost, stolen, accidental damage and mechanical or electrical failure after the manufacturer’s warranty period has expired
– Non-Refundable Deductible: $50/$125 per approved claim, depending on the device model
– Replacement Time: Next business day (in most cases)
– Claim Limits: Two claims within any consecutive 12 months, with a maximum device value of $1500 per claim
– Replacement Equipment: Claims may be fulfilled with a new or remanufactured device. Colors, features and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
– Cancellation Policy: Cancel anytime and receive a prorated refund of your unearned premium
– NOTE: Please keep a copy of your original purchase receipt and/or proof of purchase for your insured device which may be required to process your claim