These days, mostly everyone uses a smartphone for their mobile phone. Unlike when you own a so-called “dumb” phone, when you have a smartphone, you will find that your wireless carrier will require you to purchase a data plan or upgrade your existing one, depending on how old it is. In particular, the four major wireless carriers — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless — offer unlimited data plans as part of their packages. More mobile phone users are now transitioning to providers like Clear that provide wireless internet deals with unlimited data plans for on- the- go and home solutions.
While many consumers opt for these data plans, the majority of these individuals never consume more than 2GB of data per month. This is a fairly standard amount as it is the average tier for most smartphone data plans across all of the wireless carriers.
According to a study conducted by research firm NPD Connected Intelligence, the majority of mobile phone users do not need unlimited plans, and in fact, 2GB is more than sufficient to satisfy these individuals. The NPD also collected data from an app on 1,000 Android smartphones to track how much data the owners would consume each month. This is not taking into consideration the usage of iPhone users, but the firm determined that three percent of consumers on Verizon Wireless consume more than 3GB per month, 4 percent of users on Sprint and AT&T consume over 3GB per month and as much as 11 percent of T-Mobile users consume more than 3GB each month. It was also determined that T-Mobile customers tend to be of the younger demographic, which means there is more streaming of music and video to smartphones among this group.
Generally, on the whole, the majority of customers on wireless carriers who have a data plan tied to their mobile phone are not even at the 2GB point. As of the first quarter of 2012, the average data usage for these individuals measured in at approximately 450MB of data per month. It is not surprising that wireless data usage is considerably low due to the fact that all smartphones now come with Wi-Fi capabilities built in. Shared data is also a popular option that is offered by the two top carriers, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, which help consumers to limit their data usage overall.
Incoming search terms:
- restore iphone 5 bypass passcode 6 1 2
- tmobile mms settings 6 1 2
This page is dedicated to the iPad mini part numbers. Currently we have all of the known US model numbers for the iPad mini. If you know of some international part numbers please let us know and we will add it to the list.
In the US the iPad mini Wi-Fi plus Cellular is available on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon.
Here are some confirmed model numbers that we have for the US version of the iPad mini:
iPad mini with Wi-Fi 16GB – White & Silver MD531LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi 32GB – White & Silver MD532LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi 64GB – White & Silver MD533LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi 16GB – Black & Slate MD528LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi 32GB – Black & Slate MD529LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi 64GB – Black & Slate MD530LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 16GB – White & Silver MD537LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 32GB – White & Silver MD538LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 64GB – White & Silver MD539LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 16GB – Black & Slate MD534LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 32GB – Black & Slate MD535LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 64GB – Black & Slate MD536LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Sprint 16GB – White & Silver ME218LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Sprint 32GB – White & Silver ME219LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Sprint 64GB – White & Silver ME220LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Sprint 16GB – Black & Slate ME215LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Sprint 32GB – Black & Slate ME216LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Sprint 64GB – Black & Slate ME217LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 16GB – White & Silver MD543LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 32GB – White & Silver MD544LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 64GB – White & Silver MD545LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 16GB – Black & Slate MD540LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 32GB – Black & Slate MD541LL/A
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 64GB – Black & Slate MD542LL/A
Incoming search terms:
- ipad mini model number
- ipad mini with wi-fi cellular 32gb - black & slate
- ipad mini model numbers
- md528ll/a vs md531ll/a
- mini ipad modelo MD
- MD 544B/A ipad mini wifi
- md531ll/a vs md528ll/a
- apple ipad mini model numbers
Thinking about buying an iPhone 5 from a third party like Craigslist or eBay? Make sure you follow these simple steps so you do not get scammed.
Here are a few things to watch out for so you do not get scammed when buying an iPhone 5:
- Never give people money upfront. Obviously if your purchasing the device with eBay you will have to pay for it before they ship. Make sure you use Paypal and that the transaction is covered so you and the seller are both protected.
If you are going to buy from someone off of Craigslist, don’t give anyone any money until the iPhone is physically handed to you. You cannot trust someone who says they will order it and have it sent to your house. They can easily cancel or re-route the shipping.
- If you are buying a Verizon or Sprint model, make sure to meet at a Verizon or Sprint store and activate the phone there before they leave. If not, you could end up spending $700+ and getting a phone that someone reports lost or stolen minutes after you buy it and now you’ve got a very expensive iPod.
Likewise, even with AT&T, meet at an AT&T store and get your new micro or nano SIM on the spot and create some kind of proof of purchase. The person selling could easily sell you the phone and then call Apple Care and report it lost/stolen and whereas with Verizon and Sprint, the ESN is instantaneously blocked, with AT&T it can take up to a couple of weeks, but you would still be stuck with a phone that was scammed with insurance fraud. Get the person’s name, address, take their pictures, etc etc. If you can prove to AT&T that you bought it legitimately, they will unblock it and charge the retail price to the account owner. That will teach them a lesson.
- Watch out for Chinese Knock Off Models. Know what you are purchasing before you pay top dollar.
- DO NOT meet and night! You should always be save and meet in public places during the day. We have all heard the stories of people getting robbed at gunpoint. Be careful! Also don’t fall for someone who shows up and says “Oh I forgot the phone at home” and asks you for a ride back to their place. If that happens, RUN and call the police! Who offers to sell a phone and then forgets it?
- Always deal in cash. It is safe for both the buyer and seller.
- Do a thorough scan of the iPhone before you buy! If it’s “sealed” check the seals to make sure they haven’t been tampered with. Hand the cash to the person and ask them to watch you open the box. If they get nervous, then you know you’ve found a scammer and you should call the police.
Here are some additional tips to follow:
- Once you have purchased the iPhone, if you realize you don’t like it or find out that you got scammed, you can’t call the police and ask for legal action. The only recourse you would have is a small claims court case, but that’s only if you have a way to find the person. Don’t call a person threatening to call the police. It’s better to take a picture of their license plate and of the person and try to get their address and send them certified mail.
- Do your research before you buy! Make sure the iPhone your purchasing works with your current carrier. You may have to purchase an Unlocked version. Check that it is unlocked before you hand over the money, or you may have to pay between $20-$50 to get an IMEI unlock so that you can use the iPhone on your carrier.
Please also be aware that Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T models are different. You need to know if your service is GSM or CDMA. Realize that Craigslist is a “buyer beware” buying environment and the responsibility is on the buyer to be educated. Your best defense when buying on Craigslist is to be educated.
Feel free to leave a message if you have any other questions or a story to share.
Incoming search terms:
- how to check if iphone 5 is stolen
- unlock stolen iphone 5
- can you activate a stolen iphone 5
- I bought a stolen iphone 5
- bought iphone 5 from craigslist
- craigslist iphone 5 scams
- how to tell if iphone 5 is stolen
- how to activate a stolen iphone 5
- how to activate stolen iphone 5
- iphone 5 scams on ebay
We have received confirmation that the Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked. This is great news for Verizon customer’s who are traveling overseas, but not so great news for T-Mobile or AT&T customers. The Verizon iPhone 5 is Model A1429 (CDMA model).
What does that mean for AT&T or T-Mobile users? Well, you will be able to run on the HPSA+ network, but Model A1429 does not support the correct LTE band for AT&T and for T-Mobile when it is available in 2013.
So if your looking for an unlocked iPhone 5 right now, go grab a Verizon model. It is officially unlocked even if purchased with a contract. As of right now we have no clue if the AT&T model or Sprint model are unlocked out of the box. As soon as we have more info we will let you know.
Please be aware that Apple will not be selling officially unlocked iPhone 5′s until sometime this October. Also T-Mobile said they would not have nano sim cards available until mid October.
Incoming search terms:
- can you unlock a stolen iphone 5
- md295ll/a have t mobile lte
- mobil apple iphone 5s rose
- how to activate stolen iphone 5 verizon
- how to unlock a stolen iphone 5
- a1429 cdma unlocked
- model a1429 unlocked
- black ipad mini
- a1429 unlocked
- can you activate a stolen verizon iphone 5
This page will list all of the iPhone 5 model numbers. The list is specifically for the US iPhone 5 models, but we would love to add international iPhone 5 model numbers as well.
Please send us a message if you can help us update our list. We will update this list as we receive more information.
Currently there are 3 models that we know of.
Model A1428 (GSM model)
Model A1429 (CDMA model)
Model A1429 (GSM model)
The main differences between these 3 iPhone 5 models are the wireless chips inside and specifically the LTE bands that are supported. The Model A1428 is the iPhone 5 primarily used by GMS networks in USA, like AT&T and T-Mobile USA, as well as carrier in Canada. This version supports LTE bands 4 (AWS) and 17 (700b MHz).
The iPhone 5 Model A1429 (CDMA model) is the model that CDMA companies like Sprint and Verizon use. It is also used in Japan under KDDI. It supports LTE bands 1 (2100 MHz), 3 (1800 MHz), 5 (850 MHz), 13 (700c MHz), and 25 (1900 MHz).
The iPhone 5 Model A1429 (GSM model) is the model that most GSM carriers overseas will use. It supports LTE bands 1 (2100 MHz), 3 (1800 MHz), and 5 (850 MHz)
Here are some confirmed model numbers that we have for the US version of the iPhone 5:
Apple iPhone 5 16GB White AT&T MD635LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB Black AT&T MD634LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB White AT&T MD637LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black AT&T MD636LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB White AT&T MD645LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB Black AT&T MD644LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB White Verizon MD655LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB Black Verizon MD654LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB White Verizon MD659LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black Verizon MD658LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB White Verizon MD665LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB Black Verizon MD664LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB White Sprint MD657LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB Black Sprint MD656LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB White Sprint MD661LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black Sprint MD660LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB White Sprint MD668LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB Black Sprint MD667LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB White GSM Officially Unlocked MD294LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 16GB Black GSM Officially Unlocked MD293LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB White GSM Officially Unlocked MD296LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black GSM Officially Unlocked MD295LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB White GSM Officially Unlocked MD643LL/A
Apple iPhone 5 64GB Black GSM Officially Unlocked MD642LL/A
CANADA iPhone 5 Model Numbers:
iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked MD293C/A
iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked MD295C/A
iPhone 5 64GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked MD642C/A
iPhone 5 16GB White & Silver (GSM) Unlocked MD294C/A
iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (GSM) Unlocked MD296C/A
iPhone 5 64GB White & Silver (GSM) Unlocked MD643C/A
Other International iPhone 5 Model Numbers:
ITALY iPhone 5 16GB Nero e ardesia (GSM) Senza scheda MD297IP/A
ITALY iPhone 5 32GB Nero e ardesia (GSM) Senza scheda MD299IP/A
ITALY iPhone 5 64GB Nero e ardesia (GSM) Senza scheda MD662IP/A
ITALY iPhone 5 16GB Bianco e argento (GSM) Senza scheda MD298IP/A
ITALY iPhone 5 32GB Bianco e argento (GSM) Senza scheda MD300IP/A
ITALY iPhone 5 64GB Bianco e argento (GSM) Senza scheda MD663IP/A
New Zealand iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked MD297X/A
New Zealand iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked MD299X/A
New Zealand iPhone 5 64GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked MD662X/A
New Zealand iPhone 5 16GB White & Silver (GSM) Unlocked MD298X/A
New Zealand iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (GSM) Unlocked MD300X/A
New Zealand iPhone 5 64GB White & Silver (GSM) Unlocked MD663X/A
Incoming search terms:
- iphone 5 model number
- iphone 5 part number list
- iphone 5 md294ll/a
- iphone 5 model numbers