Fix: AirPlay Audio Only? Enable Any HTML 5 Video Over AirPlay
So you are trying to play a video from a website on your Apple TV over AirPlay and you notice that only sound is coming out. Where is the video? How come some videos work over AirPlay and others don’t? It appears that every HTML 5 video needs to add some special parameters for video to work over AirPlay. This means that most of the videos on the web are not Apple TV compatible yet.
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, click the square with the arrow in safari and hit Add Bookmark.
2. Name it something like AirPlay Hack and then hit save.
3. Now click the book icon and hit edit. Click on the bookmark you just created “AirPlay Hack” and remove the URL and put :
4. Now go back to the video you want to watch and wait until all the images load and you see a play button over the video. Once you see the play button open up your bookmarks and click on AirPlay Hack. The video will reload, so wait until you see the play button over the video again.
5. This time you can press play and when you send the video to your Apple TV it will transfer both the video and audio over to your TV.
Incoming search terms:
- airplay only playing audio
- airplay audio only
- sky go airplay hack
- skyfire airplay
- airplay only plays audio
- apple tv only plays audio
- airplay sound only
- hbo go apple tv airplay hack
- skyfire AirPlay video
- airplay hack