Hey guys, the Dev-Team has began updates since iOS 6 went public moments ago and here’s what’s new.
“A few months back we released a redsn0w feature that lets you downgrade A5+ devices from 5.1.1 to anything lower (if you had saved blobs). Unfortunately once the 5.1.1 window closes, *redsn0w’s 5.x downgrade feature will no longer work.* Most A5 users will not be able to downgrade. So if you’re an A5+ owner up at 6.0 when the 5.1.1 window closes, you’ll be stuck there without a jailbreak for now.” –Dev-Team Blog
Who can actually downgrade:
- A4 devices and 3GS will always be downgradable (and jailbreakable) due to limera1n. The tethered iOS6 jailbreak for those devices (and untethered for old-bootrom 3GS) will be out when Cydia and other important pieces are all working properly.
- iPad2 owners who have both 4.x blobs and 5.x blobs will always be able to downgrade to those versions, even once you come up to 6.0 and the 5.1.1 window closes (don’t do that yet though!). You need both 4.x and 5.x blobs to qualify for the downgrade even if you only wish to downgrade to 5.x
- iPad3, i4S (and iPad2 owners who don’t satisfy #2) will always be able to RE-restore the current 5.x OS that’s already on their device. So if you’re at 5.1.1 when the window closes (and you’ve saved your blobs), you’ll always be able to RE-restore to 5.1.1 again. This makes the 5.1.1 jailbreak a lot less fragile — you don’t have to worry about messing up your install with funky extensions or getting into a boot loop, because you can always RE-restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 again (or from 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 again, etc). But once you fall off the 5.x train by restoring to 6.x, you’ll be stuck there until the next jailbreak.
Incoming search terms:
- iphone3 1_6 0_10a523 _restore ipsw
- iphone3 1_6 0_10a523 _restore ipsw download
- iphone3 1_6 0_10a523 _restore
- ipad 2 downgrade