Apple is holding their annual iPhone media event to day and we are just hours away. Based on rumors that we heard here is what we are expecting Apple to announce today.
- A new iPhone. This is pretty obvious. They launch a new one every year. This year we are on the S version. Which keeps the same form factor but adds upgrades and new features.
- We can expect to see the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. My guess is that is what Apple will be naming them, but they could also change it up completely and name them the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- The new iPhones will have a faster A9 Processor, 2GB Ram, an improved 12 megapixel camera with a high resolution front camera called a selfi camera. It is rumored that they will also be using 7000 series aluminum for the housing that is said to be a lot stronger and will not bend.
- The new iPhones will also have Force Touch like the Apple Watch has and improved Touch ID.
- We can expect to see a new Rose Gold color as well.
- Will Run iOS 9.
- Next up is the iPad. Apple is expected to unveil the much anticipated iPad Pro and iPad mini 4.
- The iPad Pro is expected to have a super high resolution 12.9″ display with an improved A9 Processor, 2GB memory, and possibly USB 3.0 ports. Maybe even USB 3.1? It will also feature a Stylus accessory, Touch ID, and run iOS 9.
- We are expecting Apple to refresh the iPad mini with a thinner and lighter design. It should also receive a speed bump as well as running iOS 9.
- One of the things I am most excited for is the new Apple TV announcement. I recently became a cord cutter and no longer pay for DirecTv. We now stream everything though our original AppleTV that has not been updated in ages.
- We would like to see it support a 4K resolution, but based on rumors it may be locked at 1080P.
- We are expecting it to be released in November of this year and it will finally be able to run Apps! My guess is that it will be running iOS 9 with a full app store and onboard storage. It should have Siri support and be ready to take on streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
- This last update is something that we just found out about. Apple is expected to release a new RED product watch band for the Apple Watch. We may also see other bands as well.
- Speaking of the Apple Watch we should get some updates about the WatchOS 2.
- We may also see some new metal finishes for the Apple Watch Sport. Possibly a cheaper anodized rose and yellow gold versions. Colors to match the new iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus.
There you have it guys, my unofficial list of what we can expect at the Apple media event today. Stay tuned to see what we find out.