Are you looking for the best password manager? Well, look no further. 1Password – Password Manager and Secure Wallet for iOS is the best password manager I have ever used. Not too long ago, the developer, AgileBits, Inc., released their latest version of 1Password for iOS and let me tell you this is a huge upgrade over their previous version.
I had used their previous version of 1Password for iOS up until a few months ago when Dropbox decided to change their API and broke the syncing function. The developers decided they were going to rewrite a brand new app and features a ton of improvements.
1Password is the prefect password manager. All you have to do is remember one password and you will have access to all of your passwords and secure notes. Now, this could be a bad thing if someone was to crack your password as they would have access to all of your information, so you want to make sure that you have a very secure password and even change it every now and then. On the other hand, this is a great way to manage passwords as you can use complex and different passwords for every situation.
1Password automatically syncs your data with all of your devices as long as they have a licensed copy of course. I have a copy of 1password for my Mac at home, My Windows machine at work, and my iPhone. When I make a change or add a new password at work, I know that I will have access to that as soon as I get home and also my iPhone, because syncing with my Dropbox account is super easy. With the new 1Password for iOS, you can also use iCloud to sync if you desire.
1Password has a built-in browser, which allows you to surf the web, login to websites and shop online with full access to your vault data, all without leaving 1Password. When you launch a website, the application will fill in the user name and password instantly for you giving you super fast access. Safari cannot do this for you, so you may end up using 1Password as your default iOS browser.
Other useful features include:
– Generate strong, unique passwords for every site
– Protect your data behind a single Master Password
– Secure with military grade 256-bit AES encryption
– Cryptographic operations use standard iOS libraries to ensure no security gaps or backdoors
– Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your device is lost or stolen
– Use Go & Fill to easily launch and sign in to websites with a single tap
– Fill credit cards while shopping online
– Fill address information during signup
– Browse multiple sites at once using tabs
– Create, edit and use many item types including: Credit Cards, Secure Notes, Passports, Bank Accounts, and much more
– Mark your most used items as Favorites
– Organize your data into Folders
– Attachment viewer
– Powerful search
– Customize items as necessary
1Password is hands down a must have application and can be purchased on the Apple AppStore for just $9.99. If you are looking to save time as well as taking steps to protect your important information 1Password should be an app you use every day.
Leave a Reply