Finally you can jailbreak your iOS device via Absinthe 2.0. This jailbreak is untethered meaning that you do not have to jump through the hoops of hooking it up to a computer every time you reboot. Absinthe is a super simple jailbreaking application that was developed by the iPhone Dev Team and the Chronic-Dev team. It will jailbreak all iOS devices on iOS 5.1.1. This includes the New iPad 3! There is only one device that is not supported yet. The iPad 2,4. This is the new iPad 2 revision with the 32nm A5 chip.
How To Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 via Absinthe 2.0:
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’. You may also backup via iCloud.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster. If your already tethered jailbroken SKIP THIS STEP.
3. Open Absinthe 2.0 and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.
Download Links UPDATED for version 2.0.4.
Absinthe v2.0.4 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Absinthe v2.0.4 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
Absinthe v2.0.4 Linux (x86/x86_64)
Acidsurfr (@Acidsurfr) says
Tried this for a friend on an iphone 4 that is on the H2O wireless service and it removed the messaging, contact and phone app completely. Had to run a recovery to factory default and then restore his backup. He would like to be jailbroken for apps and mms usage and can not find any info on why these apps got removed. Is there something special that is required for iphone 4 on H2O?? and it is a 4 NOT 4S. Any help would be appreciated.
LEI Mobile says
Are you on firmware 5.1.1? I have also updated the posted with the most current version of the download links.
Yes, currently on the latest release ios 5.1.1
LEI Mobile says
Do a full restore of your iPhone and set it up as a new iPhone. Jailbreak and then sync your old stuff back on.