Follow these basic steps to get a jailbroken iOS device running iOS 6.x.
- Download evasi0n. You can choose Mac, Linux, or Windows. For this guide we will use Windows.
- Since it is a .zip file you download, you will want to extract all of the files.
- Open the extracted folder and right click on evasi0n.exe.
- select Run as Administrator.
- evasi0n will detect your device if you have it plugged into your computer. If you do not have it plugged in, do it now.
- Make sure to disable your passcode if you have one set on your iOS device.
- Click Jailbreak.
- DO NOT touch your computer or your iOS device and grab a snack or go clean your room. It will take about 5 minutes.
- It will go through a bunch of steps on it’s own such as preparing jailbreak data, injecting jb data, and your device will reboot.
- After the reboot it will install Cydia, and Cydia’s packages.
- The app will then give you the message: “Now please unlock your device, search for a newly created icon named ‘Jailbreak’, and tap on it JUST ONCE. The screen will quickly go black and then return to the home screen again.”
- Just follow those instructions and you are almost done. The jailbreak icon will look like the picture shown here:
- It will then start injecting remount payload and then after a few seconds it will say Root Filesystem successfully remounted! and then injecting jb data stage 3.
- Done! Device will now reboot. Please be patient, the boot will take a bit longer that usual to do a first time setup. The device may restart several times.
- You now have a Jailbroken iOS 6.x device with Cydia on your screen. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply