Hey guys, it looks like Apple has released a new update to Apple TV. The build number is 8F305 and the Apple TV reports it as being “4.2.2”.
No official changelog has been released as of yet, so we are not sure what this update changes, but by the build number, it’s not significant.
More info as we get it.
UPDATE: Here’s the change log
– Audio: Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
– Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
– Audio output setting: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
– Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
– Movie description: Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
– YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date