Apple has released iOS 5.0.1 to developers to address the battery issues that iPhone 4S users are experiencing. Batteries have been draining in less than 12 hours. The good news is that this is just a bug with iOS 5, but the bad news is that it may take weeks to release it to the public.
If you have a developer account go download it now and report your findings. After just a few hours of testing iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4S, I have not noticed a big difference.
- OS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Contains security improvements
- iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.
- iOS 5.0.1 beta build 4D199
iTunes 10.5.1 Beta 2 was also released at the same time. iTunes 10.5.1 beta 2 includes a number of important stability and performance improvements for iTunes Match, and is a required update for all subscribers to iTunes Match beta. iTunes Match is now also available on your Apple TV. Your iCloud libraries will be deleted at the end of this beta
Incoming search terms:
- iphone3 1_6 1_10b144 _restore ipsw
- h2o wireless mms settings for iphone io5
- icon contact
- iphone 4s h2o wireless