These are the settings you need to get MMS working on your iPhone running iOS 5.0 and above. This includes iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.0. There are 2 ways to get MMS working on your Simple Mobile iPhone. The first requires you to jailbreak. This is the easiest way. If you have a factory unlocked iPhone, you can use the iBackupbot method below to get mms working without a jailbreak.
If you are on the $25 15 Day Talk & Text plan, you cannot use MMS as a data plan is required. When your current plan expires, upgrade your plan to one that includes data so you may take advantage of the MMS feature.
1. Add our Cydia repo to find the iPhone MMS Fix for Simple Mobile.
Our Repo is http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/
Once you install the fix you will need to reboot your phone and go into settings->general->network and make sure the APN is correct.
The settings should look like this:
Mms proxy: 216.155.165.050 You may need to change the proxy to 18.104.22.168:8080
Mms max: 1048576
Mms ua prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
If you are using the $40 TalkTextILD plan, you cannot use MMS as a data plan is required. When your current plan expires, upgrade your plan to one of the data capable plans – 50MB or 150MB – that Simple Mobile offers.
2. If you are unable to jailbreak and/or have a factory unlocked iPhone you can use iBackupBot which allows you to modify files on your iPhone without jailbreaking.
1. First things first. Make a full backup of your iPhone in iTunes.
2. Download the program iBackupBot. Make sure to select Mac or Windows. You may use the free trial, but it is best to purchase!
3. Launch iBackupBot and just hit OK to all of the messages that may pop up. It may take a while to load all the device information if you have multiple backups saved on your computer.
4. Once loaded you will want to find your most recent backup on the left had side and select it.
5. Next you will see a list of files show up in the righthand box. Scroll down until you see Library/Preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist.
6. Double click on the mms override.plist and it will pop up a box to edit the file.
7. Download this com.apple.mms_override.plist and paste the contents into the box or manually write it out. It should looks similar to the picture below which is for T-Mobile. Simple Mobile’s will look a bit different. The MMSC string should be http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
8. Now put a checkmark in the box next to Library/Preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist and then click on File at the top and select restore.
9. iBackupBot will restore this new edited file onto your iPhone.
10. I will make a video Tutorial soon.
Incoming search terms:
- iphone3 1_6 0_10a403
- simple mobile mms settings for iphone 4 ios 5 1 1
- ios 5 0 1
- iphone 5 simple mobile
- plist for simple mobile
- ios 5 0 1 tmobile mms
- simple mobile mms iphone 4s
- simple mobile iphone 5
- simple mobile iphone 4s mms
- simple mobile iphone 5 mms