The MMS settings for T-Mobile on iOS 6. These are the exact same as iOS 4 and iOS 5. Currently the easiest way to get MMS working on tmobile is to jailbreak and install the fix from our repo.
Now what happens if you have an unlocked iPhone 4S running on T-Mobile like I do? Well, right now there is no way to jailbreak the iPhone 4S and so you can’t get MMS working. Don’t worry, LEI Mobile has your back. If you have a factory unlocked iPhone and DO NOT want to Jailbreak or can’t Jailbreak but want MMS settings for T-Mobile I have a solution.
First off here are the correct MMS settings for T-Mobile on iOS 5.
Jailbreaking Required Settings:
Please add our Cydia repo to find the iPhone MMS Fix for T-Mobile.
Our Repo is http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/
To install our repository you will open up Cydia. Click on Manage at the bottom. Click On Edit in the top right. Click Add in the top left. Type http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ and then press Add Source. Then Click on the LEI Mobile source and install the T-Mobile MMS Fix or the Simple Mobile MMS Fix if you have Simple Mobile.
Once you install the fix you will need to reboot your phone and go into Settings->General->Network-> Cellular Data Network and make sure the APN is correct for both your data APN and your MMS APN. All other settings should be filled in. Depending on your plan you may have different settings. If you don’t know the correct settings try them all. The most common is epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com. Others include internet2.voicestream.com and internet3.voicestream.com
Here is a video to help out:
UPDATE: This method will work on the latest version of iOS including iOS 6
Now if you have a factory unlocked iPhone and do not want to jailbreak to get MMS working on T-Mobile you can do some tweaking to your backup files.
1. First things first. Make a full backup of your iPhone in iTunes.
2. Download the program iBackupBot. Make sure to select Mac or Windows. You may use the free trial, but it is best to purchase!
3. Launch iBackupBot and just hit OK to all of the messages that may pop up. It may take a while to load all the device information if you have multiple backups saved on your computer.
4. Once loaded you will want to find your most recent backup on the left had side and select it.
5. Next you will see a list of files show up in the right-hand box. Scroll down until you see Library/Preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist.
6. Double click on the mms override.plist and it will pop up a box to edit the file.
7. Download this com.apple.mms_override.plist (mirror link here) and paste the contents into the box or manually write it out based on the picture below. Then Save and Close the file.
8. Now put a check mark in the box next to Library/Preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist and then click on File at the top and select restore.
9. iBackupBot will restore this new edited file onto your iPhone. Make sure you set your APN correctly and all of the other info is filled in. The cellular Data APN can be whatever T-Mobile gives you. The MMS APN must be wap.voicestream.com.
10. Reboot and enjoy MMS picture messaging on T-Mobile!
Incoming search terms:
- tmobile mms fix ios 5
- ipad contacts icon
- ibackupbot mms
- iPhone Contacts icon png
- mms fix for iphone 4 ios 5
- mc922ll unlocked
- simple mobile iphone mms settings for ios 5
- tmobile iphone mms settings ios 5
- i5mms repo
- tmobile ios 5 mms fix
Apple released the iPhone 4S on October 14th, 2011 in the US, but only allowed phones to be sold on contract. These phones sold on contract are sold at a discounted price ($199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, and $399 for 64GB) and locked to the specific carrier.
Supposedly Sprint’s iPhone 4S is GSM unlocked buy they are going to lock it down. This has yet to be verified. We are waiting for Alan to give us confirmation. Verizon’s iPhone 4S comes locked but you can request an unlock after you have been in good standing for 60 days. Lastly AT&T’s iPhone 4S comes locked if you purchase it at the subsidized price. If you pay the full retail price which is also a non commitment or no contract iPhone 4S you will receive an officially unlocked iPhone 4S.
The best way to make sure that you get a factory unlocked iPhone 4S before Apple’s official release sometime in November is to follow these steps.
1. Go to the Apple Store and ask for a no contract iPhone 4S. An AT&T model. I told them that it was a gift for my brother and did not want to extend his contract.
2. They will then sell you the iPhone 4S at full retail price ($645 for 16GB, $745 for 32GB, and $845 for 64GB).
3. Before you turn the iPhone 4S on make sure to swap the included AT&T sim card with a different sim. I used T-Mobile USA.
4. Plug the iPhone 4S into your computer and open iTunes 10.5+.
5. Go through the setup without selecting wifi, and click connect to iTunes.
6. iTunes will then go through the setup process and you will get the message Congratulations. Your iPhone is Unlocked.
Here is a video of my process. Sorry there is currently no sound. I will try and re-upload it later.
Incoming search terms:
- mc918ll a unlocked
- md655ll/a unlocked
- mc918ll a
- mc922ll/a unlocked
- mc924ll/a unlocked
- iphone 4s mc922ll
- iphone 4s model mc922ll
- imessage error activation
- mc918ll unlocked
iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPhone. An unknown error occurred (1661)
Are you getting the error iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPhone. An unknown error occurred (1661)? This happened to me after a restore from iOS 5 beta. I am guessing since Apple changed the carrier settings around and blocked the ability to edit edge settings on non approved carriers with this version of the beta is the reason we are seeing this error.
I have an officially unlocked iPhone 4 running T-Mobile USA and on iOS 5 beta 7 when I go to Settings -> General -> About -> my Carrier shows up as Not Available. Apple will most likely fix this error, so we can guarantee that there will be an iOS 5 beta 8 and iOS beta 9 may be the GM (Golden Master).
Incoming search terms:
- itunes error 1661
- itunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iphone 1661
- itunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iphone
- itunes error 1635
- itunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iphone 1630
- iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPhone an unknown error occurred (1630)
- error 1661 iphone
- itunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iphone 1660
- itunes 1661 error
Great news! Now that the contract is up with AT&T Apple can finally sell unlocked iPhones here in the US. The only 2 supported carriers in the US are AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile does not use the same 3G frequency as AT&T so those looking to use an unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile will be limited to edge speeds.
Now that you can get an unlocked iPhone in the US you can finally take your iPhone overseas to use on a different carrier. Pricing starts off at $649 for a 16GB iPhone 4 and this is a contract free iPhone. No word yet as to whether or not current AT&T customers can get their previously purchased iPhones unlocked. Hopefully you can call up AT&T and tell them your IMEI code and they will unlock it for free of for a small fee.read more
Are you having issues with iMessage not activating? This is very similar the the FaceTime issues where it says waiting for activation. You may find that iMessage will activate if you add another email address. When you do this you may also see an iMessage phone number error.
When you turn on iMessage under the message settings you will see a FaceTime message pop up saying your carrier may charge for SMS messages used to activate FaceTime. Click OK. Go out of settings and try sending a text message to someone you know who is running iOS 5. This will help manually activate iMessage.
Also in the Message settings you will see Received At. Click on that and enter your Apple ID email address and a few other email address if you want. As long as you have a valid email address you will be able to send and receive iMessages but you may have an error receiving them from a phone number if you are on a non approved carrier like T-Mobile. Currently I am on an officially unlocked iPhone 4 running iOS 5 beta 1 on the Tmobile network. I can send and receive iMessages but only with an email address. It shows that there is an error activating with my phone number.
We are working on finding a solution to this problem. Hopefully Apple will fix it before the official release of iOS 5.
iMessages can be sent between iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Incoming search terms:
- imessage waiting for activation
- how to activate imessage
- imessage activation
- activate imessage
- imessage not activating
- imessage activation error
- imessage wont activate
- activating iMessage
- my imessage is not activating
- imessage not working