Now, this is exciting news, especially in the midst of the sudden surge of new users (hi everyone!).
P.S. – Expect a very important announcement later this week.
Incoming search terms:
- ipod ad
- ipod ads
- iTunes ad
- ipod silhouette ads
- apple advert
- ipod ads silhouette
- apple ipod ads
- apple ipod ad
- ipod adverts
- ipod advertisement
Hey guys, here we are again, on the midst of an Apple keynote event. This is probably one of the most anticipated events in a long time coming from Apple, a new CEO, new phone, new OS, new carrier partner, etc. So, I’m here to give you all a general round-up of all of the announcements you should expect this week.
The first, and most important, is the next generation of iPhone(s?). Our sources have been saying that we will be getting 2 new iPhones. We have quite a bit of detail on them and even some stuff that we are simply not allowed to share. Basically, there will be an iPhone 4S that will retail for $99 on a 2 year contract, this is just an upgraded iPhone 4 that also solves antennagate and carry an A5 chip and nothing else.
Also, there will be an iPhone 5, now, it’s possible that this new iPhone will not be getting a redesign but our sources are saying it won’t be a radical change until atleast 2012′s product cycle. This new iPhone will get a bigger battery, smaller board, fixes antennagate, A5, 1GB RAM, and it will RETAIN IT’S 3.5″ SCREEN! We can’t stress this enough, all of our sources have stated that “there is no screen bound for an iOS device with a screen size that lies between a 3.5″ and a 9.7″ capacitive touchscreen display.”
We expect a launch on either October 14th or October 21st. Oh, and before I forget, the iPhone is indeed headed to Sprint.
Next up, iOS 5. Again, this is a no brainer. We expect to hear about iOS 5 as well as a few (as of yet) unannounced major tentpole features and we expect a Gold Master to be released shortly after the keynote to developers as well as a public launch date. We expect this date to be either October 14th or October 17th.
Also, we should expect to see Apple’s new “Assistant” feature to be announced. Now, this goes with iOS 5 being announced and everything, but we have yet to hear a credible source say that the iPhone 4 won’t run Assistant. Why? The explanation I have is that this is why there hasn’t been an iOS 5 beta in over 4 weeks. Apple has reached the limit and can no longer publicly release versions of iOS 5 that don’t contain pieces of Assistant.
Also, another feature that will be announced will be 360 degree panoramic photography. We are not sure if this will be available for the iPhone 4 as well as the iPhone 4S & iPhone 5, but it will be a feature in iOS 5.
Oh, and to go with this iPhone announcement, we expect a small mention of a next-generation iPod touch that will carry an A5 chip, 512MB of RAM and will come in black or white.
Next up, iCloud. This is another huge thing that will launch. We expect this to launch on the day that iOS 5 launches to the public. Us developers have been using iCloud for months now and I can personally tell you that it is really an incredible thing that you don’t ever think about. This is what makes it “magical”. You don’t think about it and it’s a no-brainer, just as Apple intended.
iTunes Match will also make an appearance, now, we are unsure about this one. We are unsure if iTunes Match will be launched at the same time as iOS 5/iCloud judging by the beta that we’ve been using. It just doesn’t feel like it will be done in time for an October 14th/17th launch. It works great but the matching algorithm is still far from feeling complete. Possibly an early November launch, but we hope Apple launches at the same time as everything else.
Next Up, Mac OS X 10.7.2, this is a major update to Lion. I’ve been running this for months now (with the latest beta being released 48 hours ago) and it’s extremely well done. This bring iCloud to the Mac and it fixes A TON of Lion bugs and boosts performance. Even the first 10.7.2 beta was better than the public 10.7/10.7.1 release at the time.
Finally, we expect the end of an era, in more ways than 1. The first is obvious, Tim Cook is Apple’s CEO, this is the first test of his public persona. This event is extremely important to Apple, Tim Cook, the entire Apple executive team, and Steve Jobs. They need to really sell this and reassure investors and the public that Apple can still be Apple with Steve Jobs out of the picture.
Also, we expect the iPod brand to come to an end. Apple will finally kill the iPod starting on October 4th. The iPod Classic, the iPod Shuffle, and the click wheel will be phased out as well as the iPod brand will be stripped away from iOS 5. We expect the iPod touch to keep it’s iPod name but for how much longer, we’re not sure. Also, the iPod Nano is expected to stay. So with Steve Jobs goes the iconic iPod that saved Apple and launched them into the public eye once again.
We have some breaking news, it is also said that Sprint will be getting the iPhone 5 exclusively though 2011. WSJ & BGR have said that the Sprint iPhone 5 will be an all new redesign with a 4″ screen, NFC, iPad 2-like metal back, A5, Assistant, and 1GB of RAM.
So there you go guys, lots of great news and other not-so-great news (for you iPod lovers out there). Again, we encourage everyone to come check us out on Tuesday @ noon (central) for live coverage of Apple’s iOS press event. Either come to the site or if you want some brief bulletins, make sure to check out our Twitter or Facebook feeds where we will be posting news as we post it on the site.
Also, if you support us, buy some stock! (It’s free!)
Incoming search terms:
- ipod silhouette
- itunes silhouette
- apple silhouette
- ipod person
- itunes background
- ipod people silhouettes
- gif apple
- apple person
- silhouette ipod
- ipod silhouettes
Hey guys, now, as you know, iOS 5 has been around for a few days and I have been playing around with it since it came out on Monday. However, there was one thing that I could not do with my iPhone anymore, and that was sync photos correctly. It would sync about 100 out of the over 1,000 pictures I usually sync to my iPhone (and they wouldn’t be in the same album either) and it would give me a triangle in iTunes next to my iPhone.
Well, I figured out a way to fix the sync issues I was having. Turns out, as I believe is the case (not confirmed by Apple yet), but the photos database that iOS 2.0 -> 4.3.3 used is no longer compatible with iOS 5. So, I had to delete the database and allow iTunes 10.5 (beta) to create a new one, that was iOS 5 compatable.
All you have to do is go into Finder, click on “Pictures” and look for a file called “iPhoto Library”, then, right click (or put 2 fingers on the track pad) and click it, and choose “Show Package Contents”.
Now, look at the picture above for reference, and find a folder called “iPod Photo Cache” and delete it. Also, make sure to EMPTY YOUR TRASH!! If you don’t, then it won’t always work as Finder will sometimes still consider it as still being there.
Then, close iTunes and relaunch it.
Now, go to sync your photos onto your iOS 5 device, it should now work!
You should see it syncing your pictures! As for the triangle (forgot to do so in my screenshot that I took), after the sync is complete, click on it to get rid of it. If it disappears it means that everything is 100% synced up and ready to go!
There you go guys! Have fun!
Incoming search terms:
- waiting for changes to reconcile
- itunes waiting for changes to reconcile
- waiting for changes to reconcile iTunes
- iOS 5 beta 2 waiting for changes to reconcile
- sync session failed to finish
- waiting for changes to be applied
- itunes reconciling photos
- iphone waiting for changes to reconcile
- ios 5 photo sync
- ios 5 iphoto
Now that UltraSn0w has been updated to support iOS 4.3.1 and the jailbreak is also untethered, you can now easily upgrade to the latest iOS and preserve your baseband so that you can unlock your iPhone 4. This tutorial will show you how to preserve your iPhone 4 baseband and unlock. This is assuming that you have modem firmware 01.59.00.
Sn0wBreeze is a windows version of PwnageTool that will create a custom firmware and preserve your baseband, You can easily use either of these tools but for this tutorial I will show you how to use TinyUmbrella to preserve your baseband and upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 and then run RedSn0w to jailbreak. This tutorial will work on both Mac and windows. Just be sure to download the correct programs.
1. Download the latest TinyUmbrella.
2. Start Tiny Umbrella with your iPhone 4 plugged in. Save your SHSH files for iOS 4.3.1. (You should be saving your SHSH files whenever a new firmware comes out!)
3. Click on Start TSS Server. If you get any errors, visit the TinyUmbrella FAQ page and fix the errors before continuing.
4. Launch iTunes and click on restore while holding down the shift key if you are on Windows or the option key if you are on a Mac.
5. Select the iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1 firmware file. If you don’t have it you can download it here: iPhone 4 Firmware restore file for 4.3.1 (If it saves as a .zip file make sure to rename it to .ipsw).
6. The restore process should get a 1013 error. Click on OK and close out of iTunes. Your iPhone 4 will have a connect to iTunes logo displaying. If you get an error other than 1013, it means your baseband was updated. This is likely because you did not have the TSS server running or you are using a device other than an iPhone 4.
7. We need to get the iPhone 4 into DFU mode by holding the home and power button until the screen goes black. Then count to 2 and let go of the power button but keep holding down the home button. Your screen will turn black if you did it correctly. If not you will see an Apple logo and the screen will go back to the connect to iTunes logo. If you see this you need to start step 7 over.
9. Run Fix Recovery and it will get you to the iPhone activation screen.
10. You will now need to activate your iPhone 4. To activate it the correct way you will want to put whatever sim card the iPhone is locked to in and start iTunes. Most iPhone are locked to AT&T so put in any AT&T sim in to activate. It does not need to have service. If you do not have a sim to activate we will use RedSn0w to Hacktivate.
11. Start RedSn0w and jailbreak. RedSn0w will hacktivate if you did not activate officially in step 10:
redsn0w_0.9.6rc12: (current version as of writing this)
12. Once you are done following the RedSn0w instuctions you will have Cydia on your iPhone’s home screen. Launch Cydia, do all of the updates and then install the UltraSn0w package to unlock. You will also want to download our T-Mobile MMS fix if you are on T-Mobile.
Incoming search terms:
- iphone 4 baseband
- update iphone 4 baseband
- upgrade baseband iphone 4
- save baseband
- how to upgrade iphone 4 baseband
- prevent baseband update iphone 4
- prevent iphone 4 baseband update
- how to keep baseband on iphone 4
- How to save baseband
- update iphone 4 keep baseband
Well, today was pretty wild with lots of unexpected surprises. Now, I wrote this article about 4 days ago but never published it, I’ve changed some details (like when I thought iOS 5 would be previewed) in light of new information. So enjoy!
So, about the new features, what can we expect? Apple has added lots of things that everyone wanted since the beginning and then some. Features that range from cut, copy, and paste to MMS, multitasking, home screen wallpapers, video recording, an App Store, and so much more. So what can we expect to see in 2011 from iOS 5?
The first and foremost feature that I expect to see is an updated notifications system. The notification system Apple uses is fine, if you are on the device all the time, but it’s not fine when you want to watch a movie or if you get multiple push notifications from applications (such as LEI Mobile 5). It just doesn’t work anymore. Apple needs to incorporate a new notifications system and get with the times.
One option is to use a “drag down status bar” method like Android and WebOS use. These are extremely effective and can be placed into iOS with an Apple-twist. Apple hired engineers from Palm/HP’s WebOS platform and purchased a developer’s company who specialized in new ways to show notifications on the device. So expect to see updated notifications.
The second major thing that we should see, an updated lock screen. As with a new notifications system, I believe that we will see a lock screen that has a lot more information at it so that we don’t have to unlock the phone in order to see what messages or notifications we have had since the iPhone was turned off.
So, notification system improvements are something that Apple has to add in order to remain competitive.
The third major thing that we should expect to see is
Incoming search terms:
- apple tv ios 5
- appletv ios5
- apple tv ios5
- ios 5 apple tv
- what will ios 5 look like
- appletv ios 5