Apple just announced that they will offer the iPhone Upgrade Program in the US. This seems like the best way to own an iPhone if you are upgrading every single year.
You get a new iPhone every year (12 months) as well as AppleCare+ for 2 years. Pricing starts at $32.41/month.
To get started you will need to make a reservation to buy in store. Those reservations open up at 12:01 am PDT on September 12th.
What is AppleCare+ and why you should have:
- You get repair or replacement service for 2 years and this includes your iPhone, battery, EarPods and accessories, as well as accidental damage.
- Accidental damage covers you for up to 2 incidents that cover screen damage, accidental drops, and liquid damage.
- It does not cover loss or theft, so you are on your own for that.
Pricing is as follows:
16GB iPhone 6S $32.41/mo = Total of $777.84
16GB iPhone 6S Plus $36.58/mo = Total of $877.92
64GB iPhone 6S $36.58/mo = Total of $877.92
64GB iPhone 6S Plus $40.75/mo = Total of $978.00
128GB iPhone 6S $40.75/mo = Total of $978.00
128GB iPhone 6S Plus $44.91/mo = Total of $1077.84
You do not have to pay monthly. They have an option to pay in full so when the next iPhone comes out you can upgrade for FREE!
Overall this seems like a great deal as you are getting an unlocked phone and you are getting a free upgrade to the next model when it comes out. The only question I have is do you get to keep the phone after your 24 month contract is up or you pay in full? Please double check my math, but I am all over this deal. What do you guys think?
Here is the fine print of the upgrade program:
- 1. The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with Citizens Bank, N.A. and iPhone activation with a national carrier — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon.
- 2. AppleCare+ for iPhone provides coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling. Each incident is subject to a service fee plus applicable tax ($79 for iPhone 6 or earlier models, $99 for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus).
- 3. Service coverage is available only for the iPhone and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for batteries that retain less than 80 percent of their original capacity. The replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms at
www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/ for full details.
Incoming search terms:
- From $49 91/mo with the iPhone Upgrade Program 1 Or pay in full from $999