iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak
Pod2G has released the untethered jailbreak for non A5 devices. Which is pretty much everything except for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.
Here are the basic steps for how to get it:
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
Here are the redsn0w download links:
Incoming search terms:
- redsnow icon
- iPhone2 1_6 1_10B141 shsh
- ipsw for md377ll
- iPhone3 1_6 1_10b144 _custom_restore Activation
- ispw md377ll/a
- redsn0w for 2 1_6 1 mac
- iphone3 3_6 0_10a403 free download
- iphone2 1_6 1_10b141 _restore ipsw utorrent
- telecharger custom firmware iPhone2 1_6 1_10B141_Restore
- download file iphone3 1_6 0_10a403